How to Survive a Venomous Snake Bite

How to Survive a Venomous Snake Bite

1
0
17876 days ago, 817 views

Emergency Medicine

There is any chance that the snake is venomous The person has difficulty breathing There is loss of consciousness If you know the snake is not venomous, treat as a puncture wound. 1. Note the Snake's Appearance Be ready to describe the snake to emergency staff. 2. Protect the Person While waiting for medical help: Move the person beyond striking distance of the snake. Have the person lie down with wound below the heart. Keep the person calm and at rest, remaining as still as possible to keep venom from spreading. Cover the wound with loose, sterile bandage. Remove any jewelry from the area that was bitten. Remove shoes if the leg or foot was bitten. Do not: Cut a bite wound Attempt to suck out venom Apply tourniquet, ice, or water Give the person alcohol or caffeinated drinks or any other medications

1000 chars left
No comments found.