964 2 years ago
964 2 years ago
Nasal catheter YAMIK - is a new drug delivery sistem for topical treatment for sinusitis.
The introduction of a large volume of the #drugsolution directly into all the paranasal #sinuses - provides new opportunities in the #treatment of #sinusitis!
#YamikprocedureNasal catheter YAMIK is a new device for topical sinonasal delivery of medication during rhinosinusitis treatment.
Administration of therapeutic solution with YAMIK catheter is called YAMIK procedure.
The following features differs YAMIK procedure from all other topical sinonasal delivery techniques:
- Medication is delivered into the all paranasal sinuses at one side of nose regardless of their involvement in the inflammatory disease.
-Specific position of patient’s head.
Patient should lay on the side of of the sinuses, into which solution will be administered. This position is physiological and comfortable for patients, including children and elders. The LHL position was suggested to be the most favorable position for patients to adopt
- Therapeutic solutions reliably penetrates into without previous sinus surgery sinuses with natural ostia size.
- Paranasal sinuses are filling with medicinal solution by gravity. To accelerate process, it is used small pressure gradient, which created by motion of syringe plunger with amplitude 1 - 2 ml during administration of solution.
- It is provided contact of the whole sino-nasal mucosa with medication.
- Prolonged time of the contact of sino-nasal mucosa with medicine provides administration of the therapeutically significant dose. Therapeutic solution administered into paranasal sinuses is considered as a STORE. Thanks to affect mucociliary clearance, therapeutic solution is gradually evacuated from sinuses through ostia. Thereby, prolonged nasal irrigation is performed.
- Due to extended contact with saline (NaCl 0,9%), viscous colloidal pathological substance filling paranasal sinuses is dissolved. As a result, its viscosity decreases, and substance is removing by mucociliary clearance. Thereby, drainage function of the ostia are returned some time after finish YAMIK method procedure.
-The procedure is performing under local anesthesia.
- There is no need in active involvement of the patient. Blowing, pronouncing any sounds like “cuckoo”, holding any things and so on is unnecessary. If is performed by a qualified medical professional the procedure is more effective.
- Medication contacts only with nasal passages and paranasal sinuses. Thus, it is provided topical drug therapy.
- YAMIK procedure is call sinonasal delivery techniques of a therapeutic solution. It differs from nasal techniques, because medicinal solution contacts not only with nasal mucosa, but with mucous membrane of paranasal sinuses.
- The only used drug formulation is a solution.
- It is possible non-invasive sample extraction from mucosa of paranasal sinuses
(for bacteriological, immunological, cytological and a number of others investigation methods).